Guide Update firmware ODIN Samsung Galaxy 7
Guide Odin Flash / Update firmware ODIN
- You do not need to root or unroot the device to update the firmware.
- Please ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray!
1. Download and Install: Samsung USB Drivers 188.8.131.52 and ODIN
2. Just download the firmware version you want from this posts and extract the .tar or .tar.md5 file in the archive and save it somewhere.
3. Reboot your phone to download mode. To get download mode shut down the device. After it shuts off completely simultaneously press the Down volume key+ Home button + press the power button .
You should see a warning asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, press volume up. You are now in download mode!
4. Start Odin 3.**
- If your ROM is a browse to the single .tar.md5 package click on the AP/PDA button and .tar or .tar.md5 file that you extracted in step 1 and select it.
- If the package has more than one .tar archive then they will be labelled with PDA/Code, Phone/Modem and CSC. Just put them in the corresponding section of Odin like below
BL = Bootloader
AP = PDA (CODE)
CP = PHONE (MODEM)
CSC = CSC
5. DO NOT PUT .PIT FILE AND DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TICK REPARTITION.
6. Connect the USB cable and wait for any required drivers to install and the ID:COM section to turn #48D1CC like below.
7. Click start to flash.
8. Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device once the flash has started, it will reboot when it finishes.
- PDA refers to the build version of the software/firmware
- PHONE refers to the baseband/modem version
- CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.
- .PIT refers to the partition information table you only need it if you screw up your partition table or if the firmware specifically requires it because of a change in the partition table layout. It’s very likely you may never have to use this.
If the package only contains one .tar archive then it will have everything, pda+phone+csc, in the one file.
If it has multiple .tar archive then:
* – The .tar with modem in the name is the phone/baseband bit of the package
* – .tar with csc/multi-csc in the name is the CSC bit of the package
* – .tar with code/PDA/AP in the name is the PDA/AP part of the firmware package
http://droid-developers.com/guide-update-firmware-odin-samsung-galaxy-7/https://i1.wp.com/droid-developers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Guide-Update-firmware-ODIN-Samsung-Galaxy-7.jpg?fit=800%2C589https://i1.wp.com/droid-developers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Guide-Update-firmware-ODIN-Samsung-Galaxy-7.jpg?resize=150%2C150Help & TroubleshootingHow ToSamsung Stock RomSoftware FixUpdate firmware ODIN Samsung Galaxy 7Guide Odin Flash / Update firmware ODIN You do not need to root or unroot the device to update the firmware. Please ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! 1. Download and Install: Samsung USB Drivers 184.108.40.206 and ODIN 2. Just download the firmware version...Fahim MahmudFahim Mahmudadmin@droid-developers.comAdministratorDroid-Developers